Xming X11 server for Windows - setup
In this tutorial you will learn how to install and run Xming X11 server for Windows via Putty
- Direct download (22.214.171.124): File:Xming-6-9-0-31-setup.zip
There is not installation required to run Putty. Just extract the archive listed above and run the executable.
To install Xming follow the steps below:
- Download the link above for Xming
- Run the executable (you might need to run as Administrator)
- During installation, when asked what profile to use, use the one that incorporates "Putty"
Note: The above was tested using Windows 10
Setting up Putty to use Xming
To setup Putty to use Xming as the X11 server run the following :
- Open Putty
- Enable X11 by clicking "Enable X11 forwarding" in the Catorgoris menue on the left
- Category --> Connection --> SSH --> X11
- Click "Enable X11 forwarding"
- Connect like normal