How to build Holonomic Robot
We have used three wheeled Holonomic robots to implement our Trilateration formation keeping method. Here we explain how we have built one from scratch. The robots have 3 Degrees of Freedom (D.O.F), they can move translations X and Y and rotation Z (i.e Yaw).
1) 1/16 in. Aluminum Frames (12 in. length x 24 in. width) for 3 frames
2) Rapberry Pi Zero
- OTG usb hub (with atleast 2 ports for wifi dongle, L-CAS Sensor)
- 3600 mAh portable power bank
- 8GB MicroSD
- Wifi Dongle
4) Arduino Pro Mini (for PWMs)
5) Pololu 200:1 Plastic Gearmotor (https://www.pololu.com/product/1120)
6) Solobotic Gear Mount (https://www.pololu.com/product/601/)
7) VEX IQ 63mm Omni Wheels (http://www.robotshop.com/en/vex-iq-63mm-omni-wheels-2pk.html)
8) L298N Motor Controller (http://www.robotshop.com/en/vex-iq-63mm-omni-wheels-2pk.html)
9) 2000 mAh 6V NiMH Battery (with charger) (http://www.amazon.com/Tenergy-2000mAh-Battery-Connector-Aircrafts/dp/B001BCOWLY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1453317372&sr=8-1&keywords=6v+2000mah+nimh+battery)
9) GY-271 Magnetometer
10) L-CAS Ranging Sensor
(remove links, add ref. at the bottom)
Drilling and Milling of Frames
The CAM design for the drilling and milling of frames was done with AutoDesk Inventor. Then the design was exported to AutoDesk Fusion 360 (.stp file) because Inventor was not able produce the G-code for a linux CNC machine that was available to us at the GMU workshop.
- design(60,60,60)_3frames.ipt - this file (inventor design file) could be used to produce the .stp file needed to export data to Fusion 360 where G-code could be generated. Changes to design are recommended to be performed in Inventor as we have found it was harder to do this directly on Fusion 360.
- design(60,60,60)_3frames.stp (not really needed) - to be opened in Fusion 360.
- .ngc Files - these files need to be imported on the Linux CNC software controlling the CNC machine.
- 4001.ngc is for .... Drill bit needed: - 4002.ngc is for .... Drill bit needed: - 4003.ngc is for .... Drill bit needed: - 4004.ngc is for .... Drill bit needed: - 4005.ngc is for .... Drill bit needed: - 4006.ngc is for .... Drill bit needed: - 4007.ngc is for .... Drill bit needed: